[phobos] bigint unittest failure on OSX

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 25 00:33:38 PDT 2010

On 24 October 2010 09:27, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> Don Clugston wrote:
>>
>> On 24 October 2010 07:35, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Works on Windows and Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> Testing generated/osx/debug/unittest/std/bigint
>>> core.exception.AssertError at std.bigint(476): unittest failure
>>>

>> Did this work before, on OSX? (Is it a regression?)
>>

> Yes. The previous dmd version worked, I just updated phobos tonight.

Turns out that it those unit tests had been disabled before, so it's
probably not a regression. It's very strange though, it's very simple
code that is failing (there is no asm involved, for example).
I found one bug in the code, but it should only affect 64 bit systems.
I've added another assert, which should help to track down where it's
failing. Please retest with the latest Phobos svn.