[phobos] automated builds and tests

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 5 12:24:39 PDT 2010

On 9/5/2010 7:23 AM, Benjamin Shropshire wrote:
> Brad Roberts wrote:
>> http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/index.ghtml
>>
>> It's super crude.. it looks horrible.. but it's a start.
>>
>> What it does:
>>    forever:
>>      checkout a fresh copy of dmd, druntime, phobos
>>      build dmd
>>      build druntime
>>      build phobos
>>      test druntime
>>      test phobos
>>      test dmd (quick mode)
>>      sleep 3600
>>
>> Anyone want to help make it not look like crap?
>>

> I've already started something similar. I'm planning on a super set of that
> functionality: arbitrary number of tests, individually broken down, new test get
> run on old versions of DMD, log per test compile times, run times and binary sizes.
>
> OTOH right now all I have is the DB schema and a few pages populated with fake
> data.

I'd be just as happy for someone else to own this, but I got sick of seeing
regressions and decided to whip it up.  Only invested a few hours in it so far.

The failure in the dmd test suite is wierd.  I'm trying to figure out why the
test in a clean checkout produces different results than in my development
checkout.  There's darned few differences, but obviously something differs.
It's creating the resulting .lst file in
test_results/runnablerunnable-sieve.lst.  Easy enough to add an extra / in the
dmd_coverDestPath call, but why is it acting different?  I think I'll 'fix' and
then dig later.