[phobos] next release

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 8 21:37:50 PDT 2010

On 8 September 2010 23:00, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:
> What's the state of the union?  Er.. code base?
>
> IMHO, it's about time to consider cutting the next release.  Who has
> opinions on what's unfinished that they believe needs to be in it?

I agree. From the compiler side, there is one known regression in svn
which is a blocker for a release:

4828 ICE w/ non-boolean dot expression sth.template_instance in static if

And I'd really like to see these regression patches applied. Bug 3996
is particularly important:

4751 Regression(1.062, 2.047) ICE(constfold.c) >> after error
3996 Regression(2.041) ICE Passing struct as AA template parameter
(Algebraic with struct)
4826 Regression(2.041) "cannot create associative array" and compiler crash
4430 Regression(2.037) erroneous matching on specialized template function
4173 Regression(2.037) Explicitly instantiated templates still try to
do IFTI in some cases
3627 -of with a filename with a double extension confuses linker