[phobos] core.demangle replacing std.demangle?

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 09:37:03 PDT 2010

I tried to use core.demangle to print human-readable profiling reports and
it still seems to fail horribly on some symbols.  The un-demanglable symbols
seem to  be really complicated template instantiations, like
randomShuffle!(chain!(... .  IIRC there's some fundamental limitation where
once a symbol gets huge DMD relies on hashing, so the mangling no longer has
an inverse.  Is this true, or is it worth spending some time trying to
create a decent test case?