[phobos] build failure in std.file

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 14 00:36:03 PDT 2010

On 9/14/2010 12:21 AM, Walter Bright wrote:

> Thanks! I updated, but the compile failure persists:
>
> H:\mars\phobos>..\dmd -c std\file.d
> std\algorithm.d(3200): Error: cast(string)_param_1 is not an lvalue

Ok.. it's something that's different for your env from mine.. my win32 build
passes just fine.  It's completed a build cycle since dsource came back up and
it built and passes all the tests just fine.

The script I use to do the phobos build:
   http://github.com/braddr/d-tester/blob/master/client/src/do_build_phobos.sh

The log for the most recent win32 phobos build:
   http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/test_data.ghtml?dataid=2346

Every build cycle is done from a completely fresh checkout straight from
dsource.  The only changes that are applied on top of it come from:
   http://github.com/braddr/d-tester/blob/master/client/src/do_fixup.sh
   http://github.com/braddr/d-tester/blob/master/client/src/patch-dmd-win32.mak
   http://github.com/braddr/d-tester/blob/master/client/src/sc.ini