[phobos] next release

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri Sep 17 11:30:46 PDT 2010

On Sep 17, 2010, at 10:50 AM, Steve Schveighoffer wrote:

> used in std.time.  std.datetime can easily just public include core.time.  In
> fact, I think I at one point had Tango set up this way (with all the
> time-related core functions taking a TimeSpan), but Kris rejected it.

Yeah.  The bid to make the runtime as small as possible got a bit extreme at times.  I think I'll go ahead and define a TimeDuration (maybe renamed to Duration) and see how it goes.  Worst case I use a name that doesn't collide with what std.datetime uses and we just have two.  All I really need is a formalized way to specify timespans anyway.