[phobos] 2.050 release thoughts

Lars Tandle Kyllingstad lars at kyllingen.net
Mon Sep 20 03:47:30 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 12:45 -0700, Brad Roberts wrote:
> I've got a suggestion for the next release: a concentration on fixing bugs in
> dmd that require work arounds in druntime and phobos.  To that end, would those
> of you who work on the two put together your top 3-5 annoying dmd bugs?

No surprise, the one at the top of my list is

  3979
  Order-of-compilation and forward reference errors
  (aka. the std.process blocker)

Also, earlier this year, SHOO put in a lot of work to apply @safe,
@trusted, and @system to Phobos, and identified a bunch of problems in
the process.  These ought to be straightened out, so we can begin to use
the safety attributes for real.  Here's the discussion:

  http://lists.puremagic.com/pipermail/phobos/2010-May/000488.html

-Lars