[phobos] phobos commit, revision 2032

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 17:19:43 PDT 2010

  I agree for the part of the diff that was related to working around
3534, but most of the diff was to avoid relying on 3534, and to fix
stuff that would break when 3534 was fixed.  The changes in std.array
work around 3534 by explicitly preventing popFront() and popBack() from
being used on const/immutable arrays.  The rest of the diffs fix issues
caused by relying on popFront()/popBack() working on const/immutable
arrays when they shouldn't.

The reason why I committed this changeset was because I realized that
there was wholesale reliance on this bug w.r.t. ranges, so I wanted to
break this before even more code came to depend on it.  I was concerned
that if we waited and let even more code depend on this bug, it would
become nearly impossible to fix because so much code would be relying on it.