[phobos] phobos commit, revision 2028

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 10:17:05 PDT 2010

----- Original Message ----

That would be ideal, but not everyone has a mac, a windows box, and a Linux box
(and what about freeBSD?).  And even if they did, to require them to check the
build on all three before checking in would be quite tedious (you can't just svn
update because you haven't checked in yet!).

If you check in a change that builds on nothing, then yeah, that's an obvious
problem.  But I don't think we should attach so much negativity to checking in a
change that breaks a build by accident -- nobody is purposely checking in broken
code.  Branches are usually for when you know you are going to be working on
something for a while and may check in incomplete or non-functioning code.

Note, you are free to rebase your code from a specific version -- which can be
determined by the last valid build from Brad's server (in fact, Brad, you could
tag the

latest successfully tested build automatically).

-Steve