[phobos] phobos commit, revision 2047

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 25 20:59:06 PDT 2010

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> On 9/25/10 12:25 CDT, Brad Roberts wrote:
> > Really?  Disabling optimization, calling it an interim fix, and suggesting
> > that
> > Walter can re-enable the optimization?  Those are all signs of not-fixed to
> > me.
>
> Brad, it is a fix in the sense that it makes the test work as expected and has
> no regression. I pored over the code for a couple of hours and I couldn't get
> into it. The bug is more than two years old, and I did the best I could to fix
> it. It now is fixed.
>
> If you feel that regex has a performance issue, feel free to submit a new
> report - or better yet, figure out how to fix optimize().
>
> Andrei

Calm down. I don't understand the defensiveness.  I saw a checkin that
asked for follow up and suggested adding a ticket to track it.  The submit
does work around the reported bug, which is all good by itself.  I'm not
personally affected either way and don't have a vested interest in the
bug.  I do have a desire to help keep us from loosing track of things and
incrementally improve the d ecosystem.

Sigh,
Brad