[phobos] Getting the latest Phobos release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Apr 5 23:34:24 PDT 2011

> In order to build and rsync d-programming-language.org, I must get the
> latest release of Phobos.
>
> To do so, I need to figure out a mechanical way to fetch the latest
> release from github (probably in a separate tree from the one I'm
> working on). Then I build the html off that tree and rsync it with the
> website.
>
> How can I get the last Phobos release from github?

Well, if you already have a git repository there, then just run

git-pull remote-name master

(where remote-name is whatever you named the main repository as a remote
branch - be it origin or upstream or whatever) and it'll grab the most recent
version. If you aren't doing any development on that branch, then it'll merge
just fine. The only issue that I can think of would be that it might have to
deal with authentication (though if you use the http link, I think you can
avoid that, since you wouldn't have commit privileges anyway). And if you want
to do it from scratch every time, then just clone the repository and then run
the build instead of pulling and then running the build.