[phobos] Column limits again

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 16:23:56 PDT 2011

I'm against putting any limit on this because, again, it's a bikeshed
issue and having any official rule at all is IMHO just plain silly.  If
I were to vote, though, I'd vote for a soft limit of 80 characters.  By
"soft" I mean that if a line is a few characters over here and there
it's fine, but you shouldn't make a habit of it and if you add a level
of indentation to some code and now a few lines are a few characters
over, you don't need to go crazy reformatting those lines.