[phobos] Column limits again

Cliff Hudson cliff.s.hudson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 17:42:36 PDT 2011

80 characters.  Not a phobos contributor, but I've been coding for 20 years
in various languages.  Long lines are hard to read - almost invariable nasty
compound expressions (which should be factored for readability) or extremely
long identifier names (nothing wrong with this, but ids should be as long as
necessary and no longer.  There is no benefit to putting so much stuff onto
a single line.

If you don't like coding style rules, tough - welcome to the real world.
 Until we write an IDE that operates on ASTs and formats code on an
individual basis, we will continue to have to do these things.

P.S. As a general rule, maintain the formatting style of the file in which
you are making edits (spacing, bracing, etc.)

- Cliff