[phobos] Time to get ready for the next release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Apr 21 10:45:09 PDT 2011

> As I've said before, we really need to decide whether @property has loose
> or strict semantics. Loose semantics means that non- at property functions
> would still be callable without (), etc but @property functions wouldn't
> be allowed to have ()s. Frankly, I hate @property, want to to have as
> little effect as possible, like the flexibility of being able to call the
> same function both ways, and would have a lot of code break if this were
> taken away, so my vote is loose semantics.

TDPL specifically gives it strict semantics. @property functions must be
called without parens, and non- at property functions must be called with them.
So, if we want to go with loose semantics, then TDPL will need to be changed.

Personally, I don't see much point to @property if its semantics are loose.