[phobos] Time to get ready for the next release

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 17:57:15 PDT 2011

Since you brought up std.parallelism, there's one renegade issue I need to
look into pronto if we're going to get it out for next release.  It seems to
cause access violations on Windows when compiled as part of the Phobos unit
tests.  However, I doubt this is a bug in std.parallelism as opposed to
either DMD or my makefile changes because:

1.  std.parallelism passes all its unit tests when compiled by itself.

2.  It only happens on Windows.

3.  If I put a print statement at the beginning of the first unit test of
std.parallelism, it never prints before the access violation occurs.

I don't even know if the access violation is happening at compile time or
runtime, since the way Phobos unittests work on Windows it's non-trivial to
tell.