[phobos] [D-Programming-Language/phobos] 3cf671: Add std.parallelism.

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 07:53:46 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:

> It's a dual core amd:
>
> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 75
> model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
> stepping        : 2
> cpu MHz         : 1000.000
> cache size      : 512 KB
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht
> syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good extd_apicid
> pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy
>
> Actually, showing up on one box but not another is strong evidence of a
> concurrency bug in my experience.  Different
> cpu's at different speeds, with different speed memory and other side
> components change timings enough to expose bugs
> that otherwise haven't occurred elsewhere.

Also, is there a way I can trigger the auto tester to run a few more times
w/o committing anything?  Everything passed on the latest run except
Windows, which is broken for unrelated reasons, but I want to see whether
I've solved the problem or the issue is non-deterministic and I just got
lucky.  (On FreeBSD everything started working after a change that shouldn't
have mattered, but my gut feeling is that the failure here was due to a
codegen bug.)