[phobos] FreeBSD segfaults with std.parallelism

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Fri Apr 29 08:05:10 PDT 2011

David Simcha wrote:
> I've spent some serious time looking into the FreeBSD std.parallelism
> segfaults.  I'm at a complete loss as to what could be causing them or
> how to fix them.  Here are some observations.  Someone please offer any
> suggestions you have.
[...]
> Is there a good debugger for Windows that will give me stack
> traces and stuff like GDB?

For the best debugging experience I'd suggest to convert the debug info
with cv2pdb and use Visual Studios' debugger. You can also use Visual
C++ Express/Visual Studio Shell.

mago is a debugger dedicated explicitely to D and does not need cv2pdb,
but also plugs into Visual Studio.

Both cv2pdb/mago are installed with Visual D (mago and Visual D do not
work with VS Express versions).