[phobos] opinions on bug 5370

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 07:06:51 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh at gmail.com>

>>  BTW, in my opinion, I think OutBuffer should simply be templated on the
> array type.
>>
> Agreed, it looks like the best solution to me. Still the default was to
> scan array, so if we are changing this default, at minimum it should be
> noted it in  documentation and changelog.

Actually, looking at OutBuffer, I think maybe the others are right.  Distinctly missing is any method that writes a pointer-containing type.

Sorry, but I think I switched sides :)  Outbuffer should not use void[].  And anything that is using OutBuffer for storing pointers is incorrectly written.

OutBuffer almost seems like outdated code anyways...  I wonder if dmdscript shouldn't be rewritten to use Appender.

-Steve