[phobos] rdmd is not compiling

Lars Tandle Kyllingstad lars at kyllingen.net
Wed Aug 17 22:37:35 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 22:15 +0000, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 17, 2011 14:25 Lars Tandle Kyllingstad wrote:
> > There are a lot of things wrong with rdmd.d in the "tools" repository
> > right now. If I run "dmd rdmd.d", I get the following error:
> >
> > rdmd.d(313): Error: incompatible types for ((& shellQuote) ?
> > (__funcliteral4)): 'string function(string arg)' and 'string
> > function(string s) pure nothrow @safe'
> >
> > That's easy to fix; just mark shellQuote() as @safe pure nothrow. But
> > now, the compiler is saying
> >
> > rdmd.d(321): Error: undefined identifier myModules
> >
> > I think a few of the recent commits need to be reverted.
>
> Commits to what? rdmd? dmd? Phobos?

rdmd.  It has seen an unusual amount of development activity lately,
which is great, but it seems not all commits have been properly tested.

(That said, I actually think the first one is a bug in DMD.  I cannot
see any reason why a "string function(string) pure nothrow @safe"
shouldn't be implicitly convertible to "string function(string)".)

-Lars