[phobos] UTF-8 string slicing

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Aug 20 18:19:27 PDT 2011

On Sunday, August 21, 2011 04:54:00 unDEFER wrote:
> Thank you again, Jonathan. So "have no length property" means
> std.range.hasLength = false. Now I understand.

Yeah. I probably should have been clearer about it in my original post. They
have a length property, but as for as ranges are concerned, they don't.
hasLength is the mechanism that that's checked with though, so perhaps I
should use that when explaining. The same goes for isRandomAccessRange and
isSliceable. They're false for arrays of char and wchar in spite of the fact
that they're arrays and thus have random access and are sliceable, because
they're random access and sliceable only on code units, not code points.