[phobos] Push or pull?

Lars Tandle Kyllingstad lars at kyllingen.net
Thu Feb 3 03:30:16 PST 2011

So… now that we've moved to github, what is the preferred method for
committing stuff to Phobos?  Should we continue pushing directly into
the main repository, or should we do it "the git way" and send pull
requests?

I have a suggestion for a workflow:

1. Commit and push changes to own Phobos fork.
2. Send pull request to main Phobos repo.
3. Someone, which can be anyone in the Phobos team, reviews the code and
merges it.

This gives a certain amount of quality control, in that at least one
other person sees the code before it is admitted, while not putting the
responsibility of reviewing all incoming code on one person.

How does that sound?

-Lars