[phobos] Push or pull?

Jesse Phillips jesse.k.phillips at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 12:03:13 PST 2011

Just to try and state the same thing differently:

d-programming-language/phobos

Fork: Sean/phobos

These are your remote repositories, yes two of them.

git clone Sean/phobos

phobos: repository on local machine

Note that your local repository will then have a remote named origin

origin -> Sean/phobos

You will create branches and push those to origin as branches:

git push origin issue-XXX:issue-XXX

Your pull request will then come from Sean/phobos:issue-XXX to
d-programming-language/phobos:master

I realize this is hard to covey since there are 3 master branches
involved, two which are in a remote repository.

Example pull: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/4

Its branch: https://github.com/jmdavis/phobos/tree/5552

Pretty diagram: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/network

Hopefully this clears up how these all fit together.