[phobos] Split std.datetime in two?

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 04:31:34 PST 2011

On 02/10/2011 10:49 AM, Lars Tandle Kyllingstad wrote:
> If it were to be split, I think it would be better to split it into
> std.calendar (Date, TimeOfDay, DateTime), and std.time (SysTime,
> StopWatch).

Makes sense for me. What about (Date, CLock, DateClock)? (some PL uses that, I
like it)

> Note that I'm not saying I think Phobos' flat module hierarchy is the
> best one.  On the contrary, now that the library is getting so big, it
> would probably be better to have it one level deeper
> (std.algorithm.search, std.algorithm.sort, std.time.calendar,
> std.time.systime, etc.), but I guess it's too late for that.

+++ Too bad if it's too late. Another solution is namespaces inside modules
(possibly created as fake abstract classes used as packs of functionality, for
modules which mainly hold free funcs, enums, and such).

Denis