[phobos] Split std.datetime in two?

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 16:18:35 PST 2011

On 02/11/2011 12:00 AM, Steve Schveighoffer wrote:
> Sorry to also disagree :)  Veritcal space isn't code, documentation is not code, unit tests are code, but only relevant if you are reviewing unit tests.  LOC to me is the code that you have to read to understand how the library works.  unit tests don't qualify.  Most editors have folding ability or an ability to skip to the matching bracket.  This makes it irrelevant how many lines a unit tests occupies if you are skipping over it.
>
> And if you aren't reviewing the library, you just want the API, you should be using the generated docs, which have nothing to do with LOC.

I agree with this point of view.

<grumbling>
On the practical side, I'm much more annoyed by ddoc requiring doc to be placed
outside what it documents, thus artificially and uselessly doubling the
vertical space used, /in the best case/ where one's favorite editor properly
folds multiline D comments (which mine only very recently learnt to do).
</grumbling>

Denis