[phobos] When are we going to release a beta?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Feb 10 22:17:39 PST 2011

On Thursday 10 February 2011 22:06:35 Don Clugston wrote:
> Since the last release
> - A rather terrible appending regression was fixed (adequate grounds
> for an emergency release)
> - Some of the worst wrong code bugs have been fixed
> - A raft of other bugs have been fixed.
> - And we've switched to git!
>
> I really think we should be wrapping up a release now.

I should probably be finishing up my latest fixes to std.datetime's docs then, so
that they can go out with the next release (which will be the first one with
std.datetime).

One thing that I'm wondering about though is the renaming of functions in
std.string to fix capitalization. There was talk of doing it, and there were a
fair number of changes to the functions in there, moving stuff to std.array and
the like, but I don't believe that any of the functions in std.string have been
renamed yet. I would have thought that it would be desirable to rename them at
the same time that so many functions were moved, since then it would concentrate
all of those major changes and make them less painful in the long run.