[phobos] When are we going to release a beta?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Feb 11 03:04:29 PST 2011

On Friday 11 February 2011 00:06:29 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> My only problem is that I fixed a number of bugs but didn't record
> them in the changelog. I'll do that asap (bit then I am traveling half
> a day more).

Where does the changelog live these days? We need to make sure that addition of
std.datetime gets mentioned in it, and we may want to mention that std.date and
std.gregorian are now scheduled for deprecation. std.dateparse is also scheduled
for deprecation, but it's never made it in the docs, I don't believe, and while
various functions have been scheduled for deprecation, I don't think that we
necessarily need to put all of them in the changelog. I also fixed bug# 3848, and
I never put in the changelog, since I don't know where it is, and I'm betting
that no one else took care of it. And if my pull request for bug #5552 gets
pulled in before this release (as I think that it should be), that will be
needed to be added to the changelog as well.

The only thing that I see that might be the changelog is

d-programming-language.org/changelog.d

but for all I know that's generated from somewhere else. I don't know. If that's
the changelog, then we're definitely going to need to be using pull requests for
updating the changelog, since very few of the Phobos devs have commit access to
the d-programming-language.org repository, I don't believe.