[phobos] Push or pull?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Feb 11 03:10:36 PST 2011

On Friday 04 February 2011 06:36:55 Lars Tandle Kyllingstad wrote:
> Ok, now you can read my draft and comment on it.  Like I said, I'm going
> away for the weekend, so I probably won't be able to respond to any
> comments until Monday.
>
>   http://www.kyllingen.net/guide.html

We should probably add some advice on rebasing if we figure out key places where
it should be done (particularly to avoid ugly, extra commit messages).

Also, from the looks of it, the default commit message that you get from
following the instructions on pull requests isn't terribly pretty. The one I
ended up with the other day was:

Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/kyllingstad/phobos into kyllingstad-
master

It appears that pull requests have numbers, I'm thinking that we should rename
such commits (using git-commit --amend presumably) as being a pull request and
give the pull request's number. That way, it's clearly identified as to which
pull request it originated from, and the commit message isn't so ugly.