[phobos] [dmd-beta] Getting Beta: dmd 1.067 and 2.052 beta

Walter Bright walter at digitalmars.com
Wed Feb 16 11:00:28 PST 2011

I expect it will take at least a couple releases before the 64 bit
compiler is reasonably solid. Few will actually try it until it is
released. That's just the way of things.

One difficulty is the D test suite does not have a lot in it to test the
optimizer/code generator. That's because the test suite consists of
tests for things that failed in the past, and the optimizer/code
generator was already solid from the C++ usage. The C++ compiler test
suite does test the optimizer/code generator, but it isn't 64 bit.