[phobos] std.parallelism: Request for review

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Sat Feb 26 11:40:29 PST 2011

David,

On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 13:19 -0500, David Simcha wrote:
> I've taken care of all of the issues Andrei mentioned a while back
> with regard to std.parallelism.  I've moved the repository to Github.,
> updated/improved the documentation, cleaned up a couple miscellaneous
> minor issues, added a LazyMap object for pipelining, and added a
> benchmarks folder with at least one benchmark for each of the
> parallelism types (parallel foreach, map, reduce, task-based,
> pipelining).  This is an official request for review of this module
> for inclusion in Phobos.

I switched from the Subversion checkout to the Git repository --
yayyy... :-) -- compiled up (64-bit obviously!) and my Pi by Quadrature
works fine still.

> I didn't include any benchmark results on the wiki yet, because so far
> I've only had a chance to run them on a dual core I have at home
> They're also admittedly slightly tuned to my hardware, so the results
> would be biased.  Others may feel free to post their benchmark results
> to the wiki.

There is no SCons, Waf, CMake for the benchmark files so I don't know
what the correct build and execute should be.  If you give me the
instruction I can run stuff on my twin Xeon workstation -- being three
years old it is ancient, but it does have 8 cores.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk