[phobos] [D-Programming-Language/phobos] db5b27: Merge branch 'jmdavis-red-black'

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Feb 26 18:43:49 PST 2011

On Saturday 26 February 2011 18:23:50 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > Well, that's mean of it. It treated those changes like std.array had been
> > completed removed and re-added. That makes it rather hard to see any
> > changes.
>
> Trying to merge your changes I had two weird merge errors on apparently
> identical lines (probably trailing whitespace or line terminators). I
> didn't know what the heck to do and ended up doing a booboo. Is it
> possible to somehow undo that crap?

It would require rebasing, which you should only do on your local box with
changes that haven't been merged into the main tree yet. There was probably a
better way to handle it while merging, but dealing with merge conflicts in git is
not something that I have much experience with, so I don't know the best way to
do it. There are definitely commands and tools for getting it to do what you
want, but it would probably take a bit of research and playing around with them
on actual merge conflicts to figure out exactly the best way to deal with them.