[phobos] phobos commit, revision 2252

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 1 23:09:09 PST 2011

On 1/1/2011 10:42 PM, Don Clugston wrote:
> On 2 January 2011 00:26, dsource.org <noreply at dsource.org> wrote:
>> phobos commit, revision 2252
>>

>> user: braddr
>>
>> msg:
>> Integrate changes from the d1 branch, still not enough to pass the std/math.d unit tests.
>>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/changeset/2252
>>
>> paths changed:
>> U   trunk/phobos/std/math.d
>
> Which test is failing?

I'll need to spend time to reduce it.  It's segv'ing and the dwarf debug info
make gdb decidedly unhappy still.  Some possibly very inaccurate info suggests
that it might be the cos unit tests which all seem to be imaginary number tests.

I also think there's more than one segv inducing problems in there.  I commented
out the cos block and another test was implicated.  The stacks are iffy enough
that I'm not terribly confident in this data.

I'll spend the time tomorrow to investigate and create some smaller standalone
test cases.

At this point, anyone with an x86-64 box ought to be able to build and test
things pretty easily.  No changes to how you build dmd, and for druntime and
phobos, just add MODEL=64 to your make commands.  If running dmd manually, just
add -m64.  So, if you'd like to dig in yourself, please, feel encouraged to do
so. :)

More later,
Brad