[phobos] next release (meaning of path)

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 06:38:50 PST 2011

The path still isn't at the same level as the content, it's an address to the
content.  Only passing in path seems limited, what if you wanted a network
stream?

Now, a URI might pose a different argument, because it encodes how to open the
content as well as the path to the content, and it would seem complex to require
someone to open a network stream with a URI before passing it into a function.
However, I'd still be hesitant to suggest having the overload be against a URI
type.  The main purpose of such types is to parse a string into its components,
not to provide an overload mechanism.  It seems incorrect to use these types of
things as parameters to distinguish them from strings.

-Steve