[phobos] next release (meaning of path)

Jesse Phillips jesse.k.phillips at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 14:42:01 PST 2011

I do not know of a good reason for having a Path type. However I do
believe much can be added to help with manipulated paths. Here are
some issues I've had.

* Converting to the proper sep
* getBaseName(getName(file)) will give just the filename and no path
when there is no extension, switching the calls gives you nothing.
* A quoted path is sometimes valid, and some times not. Namely making
system calls needs the quotes or escaped spaces, while std.file
expects none of that.
* It should be easy to convert one OS path style to another. (Ignoring
drive letter)