[phobos] 32 and 64 bit libraries on Linux

Jesse Phillips jesse.k.phillips at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 15:58:20 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> Brad Roberts wrote:
>>
>> How will this interact with the config files?
>
> The config files should point at a directory. lib32 and lib64 should be
> subdirectories of that.

Why don't we have something similar to GCC. -lphobos

Ignoring /usr/lib32/libphobos.a: wrong architecture.

I don't know exactly where all this information is, but I believe it
is something like this:

* provide paths to where libraries are
* convert -lphobos to libphobos.a and libphobos.so
* search for those files in the library paths (recursive I believe)
* ignore libraries meant for a different architecture

The second step isn't needed since libphobos.a is always what is
looked for. I think the linker already ignores libraries of the wrong
architecture.