[phobos] two new test failures -- andrei's changes?

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 10 21:10:07 PST 2011

> On 1/10/11 10:54 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
>> Looks like recent changes introduced two errors:
>>

>> #1 64 bit only: http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/test_data.ghtml?dataid=38126
>>
>>    std/path.d(918): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
>> (cmp(p,"foo/bar")) of type long to int
>
> That must be because I changed the result type of cmp to sizediff_t.
>
>> #2 all: http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/test_data.ghtml?dataid=38055
>>
>> d_do_test.d(132): Error: template std.string.replace(S) does not match any
>> function template declaration
>> d_do_test.d(132): Error: template std.string.replace(S) cannot deduce template
>> function from argument types !()(string,string,const(immutable(char)[]))
>> d_do_test.d(139): Error: template std.string.replace(S) does not match any
>> function template declaration
>> d_do_test.d(139): Error: template std.string.replace(S) cannot deduce template
>> function from argument types !()(string,string,const(immutable(char)[]))
>
> Yah, that's also because of my changes. How do I get to change these tests?

The code for this is in the dmd depot in the test directory:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dmd/browser/trunk/test/d_do_test.d

This isn't a particular test, but rather then test runner.

If you need to change d_do_test.d, then that means a user facing regression has
been introduced, which needs to be thought hard about.