[phobos] phobos commit, revision 2309

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 11 10:29:28 PST 2011

On 1/11/2011 1:19 AM, Walter Bright wrote:

> Brad Roberts wrote:
>> On 1/11/2011 12:32 AM, dsource.org wrote:
>>
>>> phobos commit, revision 2309
>>>

>>> user: walter
>>>
>>> msg:
>>> fix screwed up formatting
>>>
>>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/changeset/2309
>>>
>>> paths changed:
>>> U   trunk/phobos/std/zlib.d
>>>

>> A quick test build would save no small amount of failed builds and extra submits
>> ya know.  The compiler is pretty good at catching these sorts of problems. :)
>>
>> std/zlib.d(169): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (destlen) of type
>> ulong to uint
>>

> Yah, well, building 64 bit D2 is not part of my build test script yet. It did
> work on D1, which allows such implicit casts.

So invest the few minutes and update your scripts?  I don't understand your
reluctance and I'm not particularly eager to facilitate your avoiding it due to
it costing me time when you check in broken changes blindly.

Seriously.. catch up, it'll benefit us all.

Also, it's still broken.. so even if you don't want to automate it right now,
would you clean up the mess you left?

I'm probably a little grumpier at this than I should be, but the number of
things that have been breaking the build for the last several days is
approaching ridiculous proportions.  It's really frustrating that I've been the
one pointing them out.  This rant isn't pointed at any one individual, but
almost everyone.

Frustrated,
Brad