[phobos] phobos commit, revision 2319

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 12 01:28:07 PST 2011

> On Wednesday 12 January 2011 01:13:54 dsource.org wrote:
>> phobos commit, revision 2319
>>

>> user: jmdavis
>>
>> msg:
>> New std.datetime added.
>>
>> Nothing in Phobos has been made to use it yet and nothing has yet been
>> marked as deprecated or scheduled for deprecation due to the new
>> std.datetime being checked in. That's for a future commit.
>>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/changeset/2319
>>
>> paths changed:
>> U   trunk/phobos/phobos.d
>> U   trunk/phobos/std/datetime.d
>> U   trunk/phobos/std.ddoc

> Okay. The new std.datetime is in. I updated the documention stuff so that it
> should actually end up in the docs now (assuming that I did it correctly), but I
> haven't yet gone and made anything else (such as std.file.lastModified) use it
> yet, and I haven't yet marked anything as deprecated or scheduled for
> deprecation due to the new std.datetime getting checked in.
>
> I'll try and look at adjusting the other modules in Phobos to use std.datetime
> tomorrow evening, at which point I'll likely mark std.date as scheduled for
> deprecation in its documentation. Given what happened with Andrei's last round
> of deprecating stuff, I'm not sure that it would be a good idea to actually mark
> std.date as deprecated yet though. In any case, I'll get the other modules to
> use std.datetime instead of std.date relatively soon.
>
> Hopefully, there are no suprises with tests on Windows failing or whatnot.
> Brad's had enough of that for a while, I think.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

The new module will need to be added to the two .mak files before it'll be
properly built and tested.  Pick a previously existing module and use it as a
pattern to follow.  The two files are very different.

I expect fallout from a new file and a bunch of new code.. it's pretty much
inevitable.  The core.time module exposed 4 new bugs in the 64 bit code gen, but
Walter and I got 'em isolated and fixed in fairly short order.

Thanks for the hard work.

Later,
Brad