[phobos] phobos commit, revision 2319

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jan 12 01:35:14 PST 2011

On Wednesday 12 January 2011 01:28:07 Brad Roberts wrote:
> The new module will need to be added to the two .mak files before it'll be
> properly built and tested.  Pick a previously existing module and use it as
> a pattern to follow.  The two files are very different.

??? It was already in the mak files from the previous version. Or is there
somewhere in there that it wasn't? It does build as part of the build if I run
make -f posix.mak.

> I expect fallout from a new file and a bunch of new code.. it's pretty much
> inevitable.  The core.time module exposed 4 new bugs in the 64 bit code
> gen, but Walter and I got 'em isolated and fixed in fairly short order.
>
> Thanks for the hard work.

Well, breaking 64-bit stuff is a bit different from having tests fail on Windows
due to platform differences. Last time I ran the tests with wine though, they
passed. Of course, the core.time tests did too, and they ended up failing on an
actual Windows box, so go figure.

It's a lot of code though, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it the 64-bit
stuff didn't handle it very well. The more code you're dealing with, the more
likely you are to find a bug. I certainly found plenty of them while implementing
it - just not in the 64-bit compiler, because I haven't done anything with that.