[phobos] Deprecation of std.date

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jan 17 09:24:08 PST 2011

On Monday, January 17, 2011 05:47:02 Steve Schveighoffer wrote:
> What about including a private module std.dtdeprecated that prints the
> message?  Then at least you can cut it down to one message, no matter  how
> many modules you import.

When compiling phobos normally, the message only prints once. It's only when
building phobos with the unit tests enabled that it gets printed over and over.
I get the impression that each module is built and run separately when building
and running the unit tests on Linux. If that is indeed the case, then your
suggestion doesn't really help, since the problem isn't that the deprecated
modules get imported multiple times but rather that they're included in multiple
builds.