[phobos] date related failure in dmd test suite

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jan 20 01:54:48 PST 2011

On Thursday 20 January 2011 00:44:02 Brad Roberts wrote:
> With the recent datetime changes (not sure which one exactly), one of the
> dmd tests has started failing:
>
> ..\src\dmd.exe -m32 -Irunnable   -odtest_results\runnable
> -oftest_results\runnable\testzip_0.exe runnable\testzip.d -map nul.map
>
> std.date and std.dateparse have been scheduled for deprecation. Please use
> std.datetime instead.
>
> runnable\testzip.d(38): Error: function std.date.toDtime (DosFileTime time)
> is not callable using argument types (DosFileTime)
>
> runnable\testzip.d(38): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
> (de.time) of type DosFileTime to DosFileTime
>
> runnable\testzip.d(103): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
> (toDosFileTime(getUTCtime())) of type DosFileTime to DosFileTime

It looks like Don took care of it. It hadn't even occurred to me to look at
dmd's tests, since I haven't touched dmd, so I didn't catch it. As it is, I
barely caught that that functionality needed to be in std.datetime, since IIRC
std.zip is the only thing that uses it in Phobos, and it never would have
occurred to me to care about DOS anything these days. Fortunately, it looks like
it was any easy fix, since I did get that functionality into std.datetime.