[phobos] lots of spurious code that doesn't work

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Fri Jan 21 19:33:24 PST 2011

> Well, I know that I'm guilty of that line. I didn't know that you _could_
> declare a function with no definition. I would have done that had I known that it
> was legal.

Okay, sorry for snapping. As I guess it's easy to figure, it was out of
passing frustration.

I'll remove the bodies now. (Wow, I feel like a mobster.)

> There does seem to be a tendency in Phobos to put ddoc comments on the Windows
> versions of functions if there are multiple versions, which means that building
> ddoc on posix isn't going to look anything like building it on Windows. I'd
> suggest that if a function has to be versioned for different OSes that either the
> versioning be done in the function body or that the function be put in
> version(D_Ddoc) with the documentation only on that version (though obviously
> without a body for the function, unlike what I've been doing).

Yes, I think this is a good idea. But... yellow? :o)

Oh, one more thing. Try to use $(MACRO arg, arg) instead of
HTML-specific tags. For example, to insert an anchor just say $(WEB
foo.com, bar).

Give me a few minutes and I'll checkin. Shoo, if you could look into the
Windows issue, that would be great. Thanks!