[phobos] lots of spurious code that doesn't work

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 21 20:25:41 PST 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> On 1/21/11 8:56 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> > What needs to be added to the auto-tester to catch this near submit time?
> > Is it another make target?  If so, what?
>
> It's make -f posix.mak html that fails on all systems.

Gah.. what the hell does it need wine for?  How twisted is that?  It only
runs via the posix.mak file, but runs the windows binaries?  Please god,
why?

> > Is it platform specific (ie, should only be run on win32)?  If so, which?
>
> On win32 it can't be run as Windows is not quite posix :o).

At one point, the docs were only generated on windows, or at least that's
my memory of Walter's process.

> > Should it be added to the unittest target (probably not, just asking)?
>
> I think it's a good idea!

Get it to not require wine and the windows version of the compiler and
I'll be happy to.

> > Is there anything _other_ than doc generation that's broken right now?  If
> > so, what?
>
> Apart from what Shoo found, I don't know of any.

Ok, just checking.. you started it off with a rather broader rant about
the state of things.

Later,
Brad