[phobos] lots of spurious code that doesn't work

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 21 22:17:17 PST 2011

> On 1/21/11 10:25 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:

>>> It's make -f posix.mak html that fails on all systems.
>>
>> Gah.. what the hell does it need wine for?  How twisted is that?  It only
>> runs via the posix.mak file, but runs the windows binaries?  Please god,
>> why?
>
> Sorry, I meant "OSX and Linux" instead of "all systems". Wine is present for two
> reasons:
>
> 1. Allows people who don't use Windows to test on a Windows-like platform
>
> 2. Is a good check for the portability of our Windows code across different
> Windows versions.
>
> But it's not required. Feel free to ignore it. Unless you say OS=win32wine while
> building it won't bother you.

I said nothing more than:

make DMD=../../dmd/src/dmd DRUNTIME_PATH=../../druntime MODEL=64 -f posix.mak html

And got:
wine dmd -version=ddoc -d -c -o- ../docsrc/std.ddoc -I../../druntime/import
-Df../web/2.0/phobos/phobos.html phobos.d
make: wine: Command not found

I'll dig in to see why I got that and not something saner after I dig into why
the win32 dmd tests are failing.  I'm fairly sure it has to do with the replace
changes still not working right.

Later,
Brad