[phobos] lots of spurious code that doesn't work

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jan 21 23:03:12 PST 2011

On Friday 21 January 2011 22:46:24 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 1/22/11 12:36 AM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> > the problem is here:
> >
> > # Set DDOC, the documentation generator
> > ifeq ($(OS),linux)
> >
> >      DDOC=wine dmd
> >
> > else
> >
> >      DDOC=dmd
> >
> > endif
> >
> > I can 'fix' this for now by overriding DDOC when invoking make.
>
> Yah, please do. Since Jonathan's changes we're migrating towards a
> platform-independent html build. I had to use wine just to make sure I
> match the dox that Walter was generating on Windows.

I think that it's great to be able to build the windows docs using wine, but I
think that that should only be when building with OS=win32wine and that
otherwise, they should be built natively. But since so much of the documentation
has been Windows-only, I can see why you would have just made it use wine all
the time.