[phobos] lots of spurious code that doesn't work

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 22 00:50:14 PST 2011

On 1/21/2011 11:14 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:

>>> Yah, please do. Since Jonathan's changes we're migrating towards a
>>> platform-independent html build. I had to use wine just to make sure I
>>> match the dox that Walter was generating on Windows.
>>
>> I think that it's great to be able to build the windows docs using wine, but I
>> think that that should only be when building with OS=win32wine and that
>> otherwise, they should be built natively. But since so much of the documentation
>> has been Windows-only, I can see why you would have just made it use wine all
>> the time.
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Ok, overriding DDOC when invoking make is working and I've got the 64 bit build
> building the docs and uploading them.  I've linked the output to the test
> results page right there at the top:
>
>     http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/
>
> It's not ideal, but it's as much effort as I feel like investing in the docs
> building right now.  I'll be happy to change the tester scripts should someone
> change the make files to be less odd.
>
> Also, I'm only running it on one of the 3 builds right now.  I can expand that
> to the rest, if there's value in it.  The win32 one is likely the most value
> since it's the most 'real' from the sounds of it.
>
> Later,
> Brad

Scratch that last part, since we're seeing differences between the platforms, I
went ahead and extended it to all three builds.  The windows one, as expected,
is failing right now.  It matches what SHOO reported earlier tonight.

The three doc links across the top of the results page are only for the most
recently completed build.  If the most recent build fails, the link will only
show what docs it made it through, if any.