[phobos] [dmd-internals] svn-->git migration

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 23 20:32:48 PST 2011

On 1/23/2011 8:28 PM, Walter Bright wrote:

> Jason Evans wrote:
>>
>> The above example has several steps in it that can be skipped for such a simple change, but for more involved changes,
>> this work flow is the foundation.  git is a complex tool, but the underlying concepts are coherent, consistent, and
>> straightforward.  Learn those concepts well and you will be largely able to infer what git is capable of.
>>

> This is good stuff, thanks!
>
> How do we set things so that line endings are automatically normalized to LF?

That raises an interesting point.  There's a couple files in the dmd test suite that are rather specifically managed.  I
should go take a close look to see what happened with them in the conversion.  They include BOM's or are utf-16 and -32
encoded rather than utf-8.  They were properly flagged in svn.