[phobos] [dmd-internals] svn-->git migration

Jens Mueller jens.k.mueller at gmx.de
Mon Jan 24 05:48:03 PST 2011

Lars Tandle Kyllingstad wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 11:49 +0100, Jens Mueller wrote:
> > Walter Bright wrote:

> > > This is good stuff, thanks!
> > >
> > > How do we set things so that line endings are automatically
> > > normalized to LF?
> >
> > http://help.github.com/dealing-with-lineendings/
> > see
> > "I just cloned and git says files have changed!"
> >
> > Does this help?
>
> So it seems we should all enable the core.autocrlf option and
> re-checkout our repos then?

I'll guess not. Because
core.autocrlf = true means
"Use this setting if you want to have CRLF line endings in your working
directory even though the repository does not have normalized line endings."
(see man git-config)

See here for further explanation:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3206843/how-line-ending-conversions-work-with-git-core-autocrlf-between-different-operati

The part "Moving forward" on github seems rather strange to me.

Jens