[phobos] [dmd-internals] svn-->git migration

Jesse Phillips jesse.k.phillips at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:59:09 PST 2011

>> There shouldn't be any issue with using cmd or powershell. My guess is
>> that an RSA was not generated, or you don't have your public key
>> activated in your profile. I'm not exactly sure how this works with
>> organizations, but this page should help:
>>
>> http://help.github.com/msysgit-key-setup/
>
> No. It just plain doesn't work from cmd. It works fine from git bash.
> Probably, it's just a path issue -- but the error message is dreadful.

I guess what I should have said is that I tested it with my own GitHub
repository and had no issue. I do not disagree that the error only
occurs with cmd, but I don't think everyone will have this issue (I'm
on 32bit XP, so maybe that has something to do with it).

> However, git for Windows seems to be on about the same level of
> development as 64-bit DMD. "It works" -- but only provided your
> standards are very low. Trying to roll back a branch to an older
> version of DMD, I got this beauty of an error message:

I haven't put git through a large number of its features. Anyway, this
is what I got for a suggestion:

$ rm -f .git/index
$ git reset

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1115854/index-file-corrupt

Don't know if it works but I can't exactly test it.