[phobos] problem solved

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jan 27 22:52:44 PST 2011

On Thursday 27 January 2011 22:47:17 Brad Roberts wrote:
> Only when it's a file in the users home dir, which isn't how we ship it.  I
> find it much nicer as a file in the same dir as the executable.  This
> makes it very easy to switch between binaries.
>
> I do like the suggestion of adding $HOME/.dmd.conf (or some variation there
> on) to the list of files searched for.  But auto-creating one there?  not
> so much.

I think that Andrei meant that it should be rename .dmd.conf where it currently
is. Being able to but it in $HOME would be great as well, but that would be in
addition to renaming it. I believe that there's a feature request open for that
(having it in $HOME) at the moment, and IIRC it even had a patch to do it.
However, renaming it doesn't have to be related to allowing it in $HOME.