[phobos] Anything being reviewed right now?

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:40:56 PDT 2011

*Dr.* Kyllingstad,

AFAIK nothing's in the review queue.  As far as potential future stuff,
std.parallel_algorithm will be ready somewhat soon because I decided to
scale back the ambitions for it to only algorithms that can be parallelized
without being massively work inefficient.  For a lot of the algorithms in
the GNU parallel algorithm library, the only parallel algorithms I was able
to find in the literature are so work inefficient that I can't imagine them
ever being faster than the serial algorithm in practice.

In other words, if std.path is ready let's do it now instead of waiting
until parallel_algorithm is also ready.

--David Simcha